Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A reader's question: What kind of potatoes did you use for the mashed potatoes?

Well, the answer to this question is I'm not sure.  I used either Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes.  They work really well with both.   We get a produce delivery box bi-weekly from Full Circle Farms, and I know that's where my potatoes came from.  If you decide to sign up please tell them Catherine Skinner sent you so we can both get a $10 credit. :)

Anyhow, back to the potatoes.  The yukon golds are usually a bit more yellow fleshed, so I'm inclined to think that I used russet potatoes.  I'm guessing I used around 3#.  I also tend to roast the yukons since they are a bit more delicate, creamy potato.

I also did have another question that I've answered in the comments section of the post.  The brussel sprout recipe also has some good comments/questions as well.

Finally, feel free to enjoy the cauliflower roasted on its own.  Add some herbs or garlic if you like!  Hope this clarifies things a bit.  Keep the questions coming! 

No comments: