Monday, December 26, 2011

Monkey Bread

The first recipe I want to share with  you all is for a quick and easy Monkey Bread.  For this recipe you will need:

Rhodes Rolls - Traditional Cinnamon Rolls (12 pack)
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
 4 Tbsp. Butter, Melted

Cooking Spray Oil (like Pam, Crisco, etc.)
Bunt Pan


Take the rolls out of the freezer & allow to thaw slightly, around 15 minutes.  Then, place on a cutting board and cut into fourths.

 In a separate bowl, blend sugar and cinnamon.


Place pieces of dough in the bowl with the sugar & toss to coat.  Transfer into a greased bunt pan.


 This is what my pieces looked like while tossing in the sugar:


 When finished tossing all the pieces, sprinkle any extra cinnamon sugar over the dough in the bunt pan.  Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate overnight.


You can see that mine really doesn't look like it's risen a whole lot overnight. It's ok though. Preheat your oven to 350 F.  Melt butter in the microwave & pour over the dough after you remove the plastic wrap and then bake for 20 minutes.


This is what it looks like when it comes out of the oven (almost to the top of the pan).  Allow to cool for about 5 minutes & then turn out on to a plate.  You need to flip it while it's still warm or you will probably have trouble getting it to come out of the pan:


The next 2 pictures show what it looks like if you forget to grease your pan or spray it with non-stick spray:



And this is how it turns out when you remember to spray your pan:


Enjoy this recipe with the cream cheese icing that comes in the package.  I'd love to hear your thoughts if you try this out. 


4 comments:

1 Crafty Gal said...

Oh, Joey would love this! I might try it for New Year's Day. He had Monkey bread for the first time last year in school and keeps talking about it. I've never had it. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh love that recipe!!! I make the one you gave me every other Sunday for Chris, he loves waking to the smell or making it with me and Omar :).
This version looks even better, can't wait to try it!
I even took the first version to Chris's school, the office staff was so happy they made me a Christmas card!
Thank you Katerine!!!

Catherine said...

Let me know how it goes once you try it. I'm glad you all are liking the first recipe!

1 Crafty Gal said...

I made it today and it was a huge success. 5 kids meant no left overs. LOL! Thanks for sharing your awesome recipes, Cat!